Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hold the P&B, Just Give Me the J



On Monday, I was delighted to hear Mary Ellen Bates rave about the Jellies as Living Art exhibit at the Monterey Aquarium. Addicts appreciate company.

On Sunday, I easily spent an hour in the darkened room that Mary Ellen finds so mesmerizing. I completely understand her fascination with those glowing white orbs that are gently floating in a darkened room lined with tanks and mirrors. Spending time watching them is close as I can come to transcendental meditation!

I packed my monopod and my new digital camera in the hope that I could finally take some photos that would do justice to the jellies. It's a tough goal. The room is quite dark, the jellies are in constant motion, and the glass reflects pinpoints of light from outside the room.

I got "in the zone" and snapped lots and lots of photos -- so many that I haven't even looked at all of them yet. Here are two to share. I've added them to my Monterey Aquarium set on Flickr. Enjoy!

No comments: