Tuesday, October 9, 2007

To Link or Not to Link

Many sessions at Internet Librarian are jam-packed with recommended URLs. Last year I labored late every night to ensure that each site I mentioned included a link to connect readers to it. Given the quantity of sites mentioned each day, this was a HUGE job!

I sat next to the LibrarianInBlack, Sarah Houghton-Jan, at the closing session. She had been effortlessly blogging the conference. Sarah recommended not taking the time to link each and every website mentioned during the sessions. She contended that readers will seek out the resources that interest them.

Rest assured that I'll try to provide links to sites that have more complex URLs. If you can't easily locate a site for which I don't provide a link, please let me know.

No comments: