Tuesday, October 30, 2007

What Are the Chances?

The same woman I chatted with yesterday morning was waiting for the elevator as I rounded the corner in the hotel this morning. What are the chances we would run into each other twice in this big hotel?

Making small talk, I asked, “How was your MRI conference yesterday?” “Good, but I flickered off there for a while.”

I told her if she was attending the Internet Librarians’ conference, Flickring off would be a desirable activity.

She described all of the math involved in magnetic resonance imaging. I shuddered as she said, “They’ve done a great job of dumbing it down, though.”

She asked me if the librarians had been having fun. I assured her we were having loads of it and once again gratefully headed off to today’s keynote.

No comments: