Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Tardiness Can Pay Off

I had planned on attending the "Teach Me More! Fun & Gaming in Libraries" session yesterday morning, but I missed a lot of this presentation because of the Pod-O-Matic meltdown that occurred when I was trying to post the podcast of Joe Janes' keynote.

The next session I planned to attend was scheduled in the same meeting room. I tiptoed in towards the end of "Teach Me More" as the presenter was asking attendees for their good online gaming ideas related to library instruction.

I overheard one of the attendees after the session sharing an idea with the presenter. His college is getting ready to hold a campus-wide event they're calling "Are You Smarter Than a Freshman?" It’s based on Jeff Foxworthy's TV game show “Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?” This sounded like an idea that could be “borrowed” and expanded upon in a number of ways.

No comments: